No products in the cart.
Effective Bible Verse Memorization
My Scripture Cards encourages the memorizing of scripture. To commit the verses to memory we recommend that you choose two verses each week.
- On the first day, memorize one verse by reading the verse several times throughout the day.
- On the second day, review all of the verses you have previously memorized.
- On the third day, memorize the second verse of the week.
- On the fourth, review the two verses of the week.
- On the fifth day, review all of the verses you have previously memorized.
- On the sixth day, review all of the verses you have previously memorized again.
- On the seventh day, rest.
To memorize a set of scripture cards in this manner may take 12 to 15 weeks. Once you have successfully memorized the verses, continue to refer back to them throughout the year, keeping Gods word on your heart. Other helpful tips include…
- Write the verse a few times on paper or white board.
- Memorize small sections at a time.
- Memorize sections of the verse in reverse order.
Scripture memorization is like any form of exercise, it takes time to develop. “But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you.” -John 14:26. Be patient and remain consistent and you too will achieve success.